Quick Access

SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich. —The Sault Tribe Board of Directors voted unanimously May 18 to enhance the employer portion of the tribe’s 401K contribution by 3 percent on behalf of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. This contribution is available to team members eligible under the terms of the plan as amended by Board Resolution 2021-122.

Team members currently enrolled in the 401K plan who are contributing at least 1 percent will receive an additional 3 percent with no additional contributions needed, bringing the employer contribution to 4 percent of gross wages.

Team members not currently enrolled in the 401K plan who meet the eligibility requirements will need to sign up and contribute 1 percent to receive the current 1 percent plan match and the additional 3 percent for a total of 4 percent.

Eligibility Requirements:
—Must be 18 years of age to participate
—Completed one year of service
—Must work 1,000 hours within the completed year of service
—All employees who have met the requirements by June 30, 2021, will begin receiving the additional 3% effective on July 01, 2021.

The Sault Tribe Board of Directors, Executive Director and CFO, and Kewadin Casinos’ CEO and EDC Director, want to express their sincere gratitude for all the hard work and dedication exhibited by all team members over the last year and a half.

© 2021 - Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Ken Bosma / CC BY