The Down Payment Assistance Program will be Accepting Applications from June 1 through July 5. You could receive up to $9,500 for a down payment.
To be eligible you must:
• Be a Sault Tribe Member.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Make a minimum of $15,000 per year.
• The applicant must contribute five hundred dollars ($500) of their own cash funds toward the purchase of the home.
• Be within the income guidelines.
• Be a first-time homebuyer.
• Qualify for a mortgage from a lender of your choice.
Must live in the seven county service area: Chippewa, Luce, Mackinac, Alger, Delta, Schoolcraft, and Marquette.