Location: Albuquerque, NM
Duration: The summer internship begins in late May and ends in mid August, depending on the institutional ending and start dates of the selected intern.
Compensation: This is a paid, unbenefited, full-time (40 hours per week) internship at a rate of $12.00/hour – paid parking is included. No travel or housing allowance will be provided by the organization. The selected intern will be responsible for their own housing, ground transportation to/from the office and relocation, if applicable, for the duration of the internship.
Training: Ongoing training will be provided by senior staff.
Institutional Credit: The organization will work with institutions to provide opportunities for the Intern to receive academic credit for this opportunity. Additionally, the organization recognizes that institutional policies vary; therefore, cannot guarantee academic credit on behalf of any institution.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Assist with management of systems reporting social media campaigns and organizational outreach contacts;
- Assist with posting, updating, and monitoring current scholarship announcements on various websites and list serves;
- Assist with fielding applicant, finalist and awarded student inquiry calls and emails;
- Assist with developing and designing materials, organizing existing materials;
- Assist in maintainb>ing online databases, creating new systems for shared online resources, and supporting report writing and creation;
- Participate in key outreach event planning, and occasionally co-representing the organization at outreach events.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to American Indian and Alaska Native communities and higher education;
- Experience preferred in a rising or existing non-profit setting, preferably serving American Indians and Alaska Natives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organizational skills, self-motivated, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines;
- Proficient with advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, creative software and/or databases.
Application Deadline is May 1, 2017.
Attach a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references.
For postal delivery, send the same to:
Mary Jane Cordova
Indigenous Education, Inc.
6501 Americas Parkway NE Suite 825
Albuquerque, NM 87110